All Indiana University Bloomington faculty and staff are eligible.
Funds can only be used to pay for CSR services. As part of the application process, the researcher should obtain a cost estimate for the proposed research services and methodological consultation from the CSR. This estimate must be submitted with the application.
Terms of Awards:
Applicants can request an award of up to $5,000. Awardees can receive funding no more than once every three years. Support from the Office of the Vice Provost for Research and the Center for Survey Research should be acknowledged in all related publications and reports.
Review of applications and award of funding will occur on a rolling basis. A decision generally will be made within one month of application submission.
Funding application should include:
- A two to three page project description, including significance and goals of the project, research plan, research team member roles, timeline, and how the funding request meets the objective(s) of the fund outlined in this announcement
- A cost estimate from the Center for Survey Research
- A list of sources of other funding that might be used to supplement OVPR funding, including (a) any agreements or requests by the project group to obtain other internal or external funding, and (b) a statement as to whether the funding is being sought as part of the development of a grant proposal
- A biosketch or brief CV for each of the primary researchers involved in the project
Funding decisions will be made by the Associate Vice Provost for the Social Sciences in the Office of the Vice Provost for Research, a member of the OVPR Advisory Committee, and Director of the Center for Research. Funding will be awarded based on the proposal’s ability to meet the following criteria:
- Enhances the quality of research methods
- Develops innovative research methods
- Provides an opportunity for the research team to learn best practices in research methods
- Fosters long-term collaboration with the CSR
- Provides co-authorship opportunities with CSR researchers
- Enhances opportunities for external funding
The reviewers will also consider appropriateness of the proposed funding amount given the research aims and other available resources.
Questions and completed funding applications should be submitted by email to: Ashley Clark, Director, Center for Survey Research, firstname.lastname@example.org.